Monday, April 15, 2013

20 Years

April 14, 1993

I was 15. 

B called my house and I was SO EXCITED that the new popular boy was CALLING ME!!!  I quickly took the phone and ran to the bathroom (luckily the phone had a REALLY LONG cord so it would reach!!).  He was whispering into the phone...and I asked him why he was whispering.  That's when he told me that he was grounded, so he was hiding in the closet, sneaking in the phone call!  He quickly then asked me to "go out" - when you're 15 that's code for be boyfriend / girlfriend.  I said YES!!! 

And that is how we began.

Yesterday, April 14, 2013, we celebrated twenty years together.  Twenty years of ups, downs, laughs, but above all, love. 

He is still the love of my life and still makes my heart beat faster.  We have both changed, a lot, but not our love for each other. 

I'm so lucky that we found each other so early. 

We went on a date last night to the Fork and Screen to see the movie "42" (very good by the way, highly recommend!) and we had a great time.  We talked (and not just talk about kids) and enjoyed each other's company.  It was perfect.  I'm still smiling today.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment